Wednesday 10 September 2014

OVERALL REFLECTIONS

After analysing my diet using the health tools from the Health Promotion Board, I have certainly learnt quite a few things about my daily eating habits. My total calorie intake per day should be about 2000kcal. However, after calculating my calories using the Energy and Nutrient Compositions of Food, I have realised that I did not manage to hit the 2000kcal intake. On all three days, my total calorie intake was less than 2000. This is unhealthy for my body as having insufficient calorie intake may lead to extreme weight loss, hence threatening my health. It will definitely result in many heath problems. I have learnt that it is imperative to watch what I eat and ensure the food that I consume is enough for my body to function - carrying out daily activities! My three day diet was not healthy either, it was a rather unhealthy diet as it included food like French Fries, Bubble Tea. I should try to eat healthier food choices.
Here is a picture of "My Healthy Plate" which shows us a variety amount of food that we can eat and keep ourselves nourished at the same time!

This picture serves as a guide to plan a healthy diet and to maintain a well-balanced lifestyle - by eating healthy food and exercising regularly! However, as seen in my Three-Day-Diet, my eating habits rarely include vegetables and fruits. They are extremely important as they provide many benefits to our body! Hence, I should learn to eat more of them, by replacing all the unhealthy snacks with more fruits and vegetables. Also, I should eat more wholemeal bread or brown rice as they are a healthier choice. Meat is essential too as it gives us energy to keep our day going. We need to have a fair amount of these food (in the picture) to keep a HEALTHY and WELL-BALANCED lifestyle!

The nutritional tools are very useful as it provided me with many information about the food I consume and a lot of other facts about diets that I should know.

My suggested one dish meal is healthy as it includes meat, vegetables and a healthier choice of pasta. The meat is lean, and meat is important in our diets as it provides us with energy. Vegetables (peas, in particular which I used for my dish) are healthy and are beneficial for our bodies. I also used a healthier choice of noodles. Hence, overall, it is a healthy dish in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment